Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Just a note, and Freshly Made Sketches challenge #290


As soon as I saw this sketch this Doily stamp popped into my mind. It is retired I'm sorry to say, but still a favorite of mine, I hope you have it.  Both my ribbons on this are also retired.   I can't seem to keep up with new ribbon, but this new catalog has so many gorgeous ribbons, I shall be buying again.

I simply good embossed just part of my stamp with Versamark ink.  I laid a piece of printer paper  above where I wanted to stamp to protect the rest of my card, inked up the bottom of my stamp and stamped and embossed in Gold.

Both of these ribbons, the black is a stitched satin ribbon and the gold was in the Holiday catalog along with a spool of silver. And although they were both listed as the same size there was just enough of a difference to layer and show off just the edges of black.

I layered a black piece, 4 1/8" by 5 3/8", then made my top layer 4"x 5 1/4", that left just a tiny bit showing of the color underneath.
I cut one each of the little flowers in Bloomin Hearts die set, put a pearl in the large one and just put the little one by my sentiment.  I think in this photo you can actually see the glitter of the Glimmer paper.

It is a pretty simple, but I think elegant card you could use for many occasion.
To see the gorgeous cards the team did or play along, go here.
Don't forget, ordering from the new 2017-2018 catalog starts Thur June 1st!

2 comments:

Jen Timko said...

The gold on this is stunning. I love that image and it really is perfect for the sketch. What a lovely card! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Karren said...

Beautiful card! The doily is so delicate and gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.