Sunday, July 5, 2015

Stampin Up, Paper Players challenge 252

I'm playing with Paper Players this fine sunday, the day after the 4th of July.  And yes, I just used this set the last card I posted. But now that I have it, I love using it.

The Paper Players challenge this week is from Ann, it's The Great Outdoors. You don't get more outdoors then this, right? 

I used some watercolor paper today, I really want to take a class, watercoloring is so fab looking and right now, it's hot as well.  I'm not very good, and am really limited so far, but I have noticed a tip or two that I'm trying.  So, on this one, I first stamped the boat. I tried it the other way around and it just didn't work out.   Then I used a brush and brushed some water on the paper where the water would go.
I then brought over a tiny bit of color from my pad using  my brush and just brushed it on. I also used my wet brush to bring down a bit of the darker color I had used for the ship. Over all, I'm pretty pleased.
Ok, colors today were, Whisper White, Marina Mist, Night of Navy.
You'll find the products I used below, you can just click on any of them to be taken to my store.


3 comments:

stampwithamyk said...

You've used one of my all-time favorite images for your card. Love that sailboat! The colors are perfect and so is the background image. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players, hope to see you again soon!

stampwithsandy said...

What a terrific masculine card and wonderful for this challenge, Lynn! Love your watercoloring, the background stamping, the anchor, everything! Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Paper Players!

Lisa Elton said...

Fabulous masculine card! Love the anchor hooked in the twine. Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players!