Thursday, January 1, 2015

Stampin Up, PPA 234


Our first PPA challenge of the new year and it's a color challenge. Feel free to join in, it's fun and can help to hone your skills.  Honestly, if you want to keep getting better and learning, you have to play and play and play. The more you do the better you do.   It is honing your talent.  So, lets see what you can do!

I did a very simple card today, I used the World Map stamp and embossed in silver. Silver is very hard to take a photo of, this one isn't too bad, but it really is much nicer in person. I love this for a guy card. And it occured to me that if you do cards for Operation Write Home, this might be a really good one. And that may be exactly where this one goes. I love making cards that end up making someone's life a tiny bit better.   The military LOVE being able to send hand made cards to their friends and love ones.

Here are the colors for this week.

Hope this gives you some ideas of your own, Happy New Year!


3 comments:

Dawn Tidd said...

Lynn, this is a great card to carry a "hello" and you're right that would be so appropriate for OWH! I love the map embossed in silver. So glad you joined the Pals Paper Arts this week! Happy New Year!

Linda Callahan said...

Love how you used the world map! Beautiful!

Susan Itell said...

What a FABULOUS idea! I need to make this for my world traveler friend...You are always so darn clever! Thanks for playing!