Monday, October 14, 2013

Stampin Up and Mojo Monday 315

I have to give credit to Debbie from the Mojo Monday team this morning for my inspiration for this one. I had already decided on Christmas for my theme, but her cute card with it's simple look was just the ticket. 
I had this cute stamp set from the Holiday catalog that I was dying to use and this was perfect.
It's called Wishing You.  It even has a message for the inside of the card.

I used Real Red for this one, usually I default to Cherry Cobbler for Christmas, but that's silly, this color is perfect. 
I used Smoky Slate for the first layer and the smallest of the Festive Flurry stamps with Whisper White ink. Remember, that is a Pigment ink and can be used with embossing powder too. It's one of my favorite pads. It does take some time to dry tho if you don't emboss, just be a little careful handling it for a while.

I used the 1"square punch for my little banners, just cut them in half after punching, then make a quick snip up the center of the bottom and cut in to the end of that cut from each corner. 
I finished it off with a pretty little rhinestone in the center of the middle package.

Colors:
Real Red
Whisper White
Smoky Gray

Supplies:
Wishing You stamp set, Holiday Catalog
Real Red Ribbon  126875
Festive Flurries stamp set, (be sure to buy the bundle tho as there is a discount) Holiday catalog
Rhinestone

So, here is this weeks sketch, why not give it a try, it's a lot of fun.
And here is the Wishing You stamp set:


And I am wishing you all a wonderful week.  Thanks so much for stopping by and as always, if you would like to check out the catalog (you can download a .pdf copy) or see any current promotions or place an order, go HERE

1 comment:

Connie Lindsey said...

Lynn,
What a cute card! I love your idea for the pennants; I wrote it down so I won't forget. :-)