Monday, June 10, 2013

Mojo Monday 297, SU Birthday Wishes




Good morning! Once again it's Mojo Monday.  We were talking about ink and embossing folders yesterday in my group and I decided that I hadn't played with those for some time. So, today I did. I took the Honeycomb embossing folder and brayered ink on the bottom. I wanted more of a background inking. If you brayer the top you get the empressed image colored, give it a try, it's a lot of fun.
TIP: After you are done, just rinse the folder under the faucet and it'll wash right off.

I decided on softer colors today, but I also wanted the flower to pop.
Colors:
Whisper White
Soft Sky
Wisteria Wonder
Crushed Curry

Supplies:
Simply Sketched Hostess stamp set
Scallop Border Punch
Candy Dots
What are candy dots you ask????????????  Well.......  they are the new alternative to a brad, and we are pretty excited over them. It looks like a brand holding down that banner, right? Nope, it's just a candy dot.
They are inexpensive and come in all the color sets, this one is the Subtles. Just slide off the paper and fasten down onto you card. A pair of  Tweezers works great. Here is the sketch for today.

And here is a the Simply Sketched hostess set. You can earn this free along with other items you might want by either spending $150 on product, or having a $150 workshop. The hostess sets are an excellent bargain, but you can spend your hostess credits on anything you'd like. 




Thanks so much for stopping by, and I'd love it if you would leave me a little note letting me know just what kind of cards you would like to see including how simple or involved they might be.

3 comments:

TenSGal said...

Very pretty, Lynn! You make the best cards!

Unknown said...

Love your card Lynn and that new stamp set is so pretty.

Unknown said...

Love the card Lynn!