Friday, May 7, 2021

Thinking of You, #fms484

 

I guess I'm stuck on yellow and pink, this is my 2nd card using them.  I guess it's just spring that got into me. I'm thinking gray and ? up next.  The interesting item on this card is that little piece under the flower, I'll tell you how to do that.

But first, the inspiration for this card was from Freshly Made sketches, they always do such nice sketches, very easy to use.  


If you find some strange things on my post today, I don't take credit. My mouse is acting up! Clicking twice about 80% of the time when it's only pushed once.  Hubby just last night told me, get a new set for goodness sake!  LOL.  So this morning I ordered one. I'm kinda into the higher end and the high end laser mouse is necessary to keep from making my shoulder from becoming very painful.  But this is a very very old set and I guess it's just time. 

So, can you see that pretty little piece under the flower? I used the SU alcohol Blends + alcohol + Vellum. One of the SU Demo's has a tut on you tube for the technique, that's where I saw it. Her name is Tina Zink.  I did one thing different.  So, you pick colors, color in some areas with them on the vellum, then use the alcohol with a plain brush to get the ink moving. 

I had a bit of trouble with some of my colors, it may have been because she used 90% alcohol and I only have 70% or may some of my Blends are older and not as juicy as they could be.  But I did get some pretty pieces.  She glues her vellum to white cardstock, instead, while it is still very wet, I turned the vellum over and smooched it down onto the white piece to transfer the ink. 

I used White, Daffodil Delight, and 2 new colors Soft Succlent and Polished Pink. To get my flower 2 colors, I used my stamp positioner, did one stamping in the pink, cleaned off the foliage and stamped that part in the green. You can also just make two flowers, one in pink and one in green and stick them together, the sentiment would have covered that part.

I used the Art Gallers stamps and Floral Gallery dies. A square vellum doily and rhinestones from the brand new incolor collection. 

Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

Susanne said...

Very pretty.

Jen Brum said...

Love the yellow and pink! Such a pretty combination! Definitely will brighten someone's day! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Linda Callahan said...

This is as sweet as can be! Love the soft inking technique you did!