Monday, May 31, 2021

First Christmas card of 2021, #jai556

 

It's Slim card week at Just Add Ink this week. Slim cards are fun, and don't cost anymore to send, and if you have any #10 envys around, they will work great in them.  But I have to say, it's a little hard for me to wrap my mind around a long narrow card, I'm so used to the reg size, it takes me a bit of thinking. 


So, if you'd like to give it a try, it's a great week to get some examples to work from, just click here.

There are some really great card by the team and posters.

So, the stamp is a new background stamp in the 2021-2022 AC.  It, of course would do the whole long card, but what I did was use my stamp positioner and stamp and emboss each end of the card, leaving the middle without.Then I used the Bermuda Bay and my brush to add color.  The stamp is called Festive Foliage. 

The Holiday mini will be out before you know it, but for now the AC has some darling sets to get you started and this neat background.

The sentiment is a previous year as is the branch. The die set is from long, long ago, but I just don't part with some of this stuff.   Fairly quick and easy, no coloring except for the brushing over the embossing. 

Thanks for taking a look.

From there I am sorry, but I used some retired items, 

3 comments:

KimB said...

It's never too early to start Christmas cards Lynn and this is a fabulous start! The gold embossing adds the rich touch that just says christmas! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week. Kim

Chantell Randall said...

Love love the colour - I think this card could be used for many occasions (with sentiment adjustments of course) Love the gold. Chantell Just Add Ink

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh this is lovely! I am loving this elegant colour combination of gold and bermuda bay. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week!