Wednesday, May 6, 2020

All days are beautiful

I was inspired to try this background effect by a member of my group.  Peggy made hers straight across with big wide stripes that are beautiful.  I decided to try doing smaller ones and I love the cross ways look. And yes, it looks handmade, it should. You don't have to be too careful.
I just used a ruler, put a drop or two of refill ink in the lid of my ink pad, spritzed some water in there too. And, using my Aqua painter swirled it around and dipped into that carefully spreading the watered down ink onto my watercolor paper. Keep an eye on the bottom of the ruler, and wipe it off after each stripe.   I stated in the middle, went down from there, turned it and did the other end. Very simple and fun and you have pretty striped paper in any color you want.  This one is Grapefruit Grove, one of the incolors that is retiring next month.

Besides the Grapefruit, I used Very Vanilla, Basic black and Pool Party.
Also used are Floral Essence stamps, Stitched Label dies and the Perennial Flower punch.

I hope you enjoy. Thanks for stopping.


No comments: