Friday, May 8, 2020

Just wanted to say, #jai504 color challenge, Ornate Thanks



I am so in love with all the pieces of this Ornate set, including both bundles. This is my first attempt at the Ornate Thanks stamps and dies.

My inspiration this week is from the Just Add Ink color challenge.  I'm not sure why I haven't used these colors together before, they are classic and gorgeous.  See the challenge here.




I just knew I had to start with the rose border die in the set.  So, I die cut my piece of Smoky Slate, then took a piece of watercolor paper and watercolored my Rococo Rose on it, then placed it under my die cut piece.  
Next I cut a small piece of Basic Gray, and used the little tiny border die on the left side, gluing it onto my smoky slate.

I then cut a piece of the Basic gray and embossed with the Ornate Floral 3D folder. After cutting my 4 1/4"x 5 1/2 " piece for my card base, I attached the embossed piece leaving just a tiny bit of the Rococo Rose showing on one edge.
After adding the Glitter Enamel dots (retired) and the sentiment I was done. 

I used a small piece of the Ornate DSP, gluing it to the envelop flap and then trimming around the flap. 

Be sure to holler if you have questions, you'll have to come back to my comments to get your answer, but I'll try to be quick.
Thanks for coming.

2 comments:

Chantell Randall said...

I love the mix of embossing and dies on your card. The delicate edging is very sweet. Chantell Just Add Ink.

Rachael Lewsley said...

What a lovely design to showcase this colour combo. Thank you for sharing with us at Just Add Ink x