Friday, May 29, 2020

Painted Poppies note card, #jai507



My inspiration for this card is from the Just add Ink challenge, wow what a fun sketch to play with.  The team cards are fabulous, see them HERE.


My colors are, Lovely Lipstick (retiring in a few days), Mossy meadow and Whisper white.   The DSP is from the Peaceful Poppies DSP.  I have so much left, and I love it so much!  I have a problem.  When I love a paper set, it's hard for me to use it, especially my favorite pieces.   It's quite a problem, every year lately I'm ending up with so much left over.
I used a white card base and covered the whole front of that with my patterned paper, then managed to somehow do a decent cut of the design side.  I took the white part and ran it through the new  Ornate floral embossing folder, stamped the green over that a bit, then stamped, colored and cut out my Poppies and leaves. 
I used my watercolor brush and my ink pad mixing the color in my lid.  I then stamped the sentiment, from the Butterfly Gala stamp set, on a piece of leftover white and cut that out using one of the Rectangle Stitched dies. 

That's about it, but I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out.  I never know when I start.

Thanks for stopping by.

6 comments:

Cherie said...

I absolutely LOVE your card. Can't wait to make one! Thanks so much for sharing.

Kathy said...

I love the bright colors and images you used...such a beautiful card.

ColourmehappyDi said...

Another poppy paper lover here, Lynn. Have to make use of every last piece. Your choice worked beautifully with the trio of stamped poppies. Nice take on our sketch challenge. Thanks for playing.
Di

Jan said...

Such a gorgeous and elegant card, Lynn! I love your mixture of Poppy paper combined with the stamped ones - such a lovely dramatic effect! Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week.

Chantell Randall said...

I just love these poppies. I love the way you have used the sketch. Chantell Just Add Ink

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh I love this card! The colours and details you've added to your card are amazing! Thanks for joining us at JAI!