Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Quick and easy Christmas cards using Designer series paper

I've never done this before, usually I do my cards one at a time and post them often using a challenge for inspiration.  But this year I'm spending a lot of time making embroidered wall hangings for my children and I wanted some quick and easy but still beautiful cards to speed things up.

I also have never been one who liked to rely on DSP for so much of my card, but this years paper is THE most gorgeous I've ever seen and I really wanted to show it off.

I confess, I didn't buy the whole snowman stamp and punch set, just the DSP, so I cropped this out using an oval die, Cut some branches from Peaceful Boughs dies out and layered it all over the backside of one of the papers in the Let it Snow DSP.  If you really want some sparkle you could use glimmer paper for the branches.

The Oh Holy Night card, (that sentiment is a die I had from long ago). Was done using It Feels like Frost DSP, my favorite of all the new papers.  So many different scenes to be used and each one is gorgeous.   So, I didn't do much, just cut my die, and put on a stitched square piece, added the one small branch both out of Silver foil, and also punched out 3 stars for it, so quick. 

Warmest Winter Wishes card, done on the stunning copper embossed Brightly Gleaming DSP. I used a small strip of copper foil in each side of the DSP, added some foil die cut leaves and a sentiment, again so quick and easy. 

And my last one, done one Toile Tidings DSP, one side of this is all in red the other all in green and there are several different scenes throughout the pack.

That's about it for today, I hope you can take away some inspiration from these and do your own.  Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Hilda Burton said...

These are lovely cards, Lynn. Simple, easy and elegant. I hope you'll post pictures of the wallhangings you are making. That is a labor of love for your lucky children. Enjoy your day!

KardsbyKadie said...

These cards are PERFECT for the upcoming Holiday season. Thanks for sharing.