Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Merry Christmas Tall tree, #PaperPlayers challenge #460


For the past several years I've been holding onto 2 packs of red #10 envelopes, and I think I've only used one. I bought them after Christmas one year because they had them marked down to 50cents a pack, but I just never could decide on a design for that size.
So, go over here to see what the team has done with this challenge.
 

So, this week the Paper Players has a tall card  challenge, so did I make this sized for those envelopes? Nope, I thought about it then ended up using a 4x6 envelope size, so this is just a tad under that to fit inside.

I made my tree by simply embossing the retired poinsettia folder onto Whisper White then I colored in a few of them just because I love color.  The first layer is one of the new DSP's.  The side of this paper is the really popular one with all the gorgeous frosty scenes, but the back side is fabulous on it's own. Several different designs using silver.

After embossing I used my trimmer to cut the large triangle, then used a tiny piece of copper I had laying around for my trunk.  I stamped and fussy cut the tiny poinsettia for the top and that was about it.

You could easily do this on a standard A2 card, just cut your tree smaller.  The die I used for the sentiment came from the Beautiful Boughs bundle set.

2 comments:

KardsbyKadie said...

Such a pretty looking holiday card Lynn. LOVE the embossed look of the tree.

Anne Marie Hile said...

So pretty, Lynn! I love how you added the pops of color to the embossed image. Thanks so much for joining us over at The Paper Players!