Friday, June 23, 2017

Quirky Critters Hello, Just Add Ink # 365



I have been wanting to try out this set. I fell in love with it right off the bat, but sometimes it's hard to come up with an idea for stamps like this. Flowers are so safe, right?  
I LOVE Quail!  When we moved here to AZ I found lots of them running across my back yard. Mom and Dad take the babies out twice a day to eat.  Mom leads and dad follows watching out for them, and while they are eating dad usually gets up high so he can watch out for them.

Anyway, I used the new Layered Leaves embossing folder here, I filled in some of the leaves on the edges using the same Lemon Lime Twist ink.   I also used Bermuda Bay, Fresh Fig and Whisper white.
To get my branch I cut 2 pieces from the Birds and Blooms thinlit die, one from a scrap piece of CS and one from a left over piece of the Wood texture DSP.     The flowers are from Daisy Delight stamp set, I think those little flowers are so cute.
I stamped my Quail with his sentiment in Fresh Fig, then used my aqua Painter with some alcohol in it and the stamp pad to fill in the color. The Alcohol will keep the dye ink from running and smearing.

As usual, the team at Just Add Ink did a fantastic job, go on over and see what they have done. And, here is the challenge.


3 comments:

Nikki Spencer said...

This is just a bit cute Lynn. Quirky critters has just landed here, so seeing your lovely inspiration is exciting. Love the wood grain dsp branch as well. Thanks for sharing at Just Add Ink.

Anonymous said...

This card really made me smile Lynn - I love how you have used and coloured your quirky bird. The branch looks like real wood - it's great. Chantell Just Add Ink

Lorraine said...

lovely cute bird