Saturday, February 4, 2017

Thinking of you



This card went out to friends who are going though some very bad stuff. Sometimes it's all you can do is let those people close to you that you are thinking of them and care.

I used the Wetlands stamp set.  I made my water using the Aqua brush on watercolor paper, picking up color from the ink pad.  Marina Mist in this case. 

I used Crumb cake for my brush at the side and to sponge color on included the edges of the watercolor paper.   I know it's not everyone's thing, but I really enjoy doing cards like this.

We have had an unusual stretch of cold here in AZ, still pretty chilly at night, but it seems to be getting warmer during the day.   I am in hopes that our normal couple of weeks of gorgeous, warm weather in Feb will be starting soon.   Then we have very cold harsh winds possible through March and april.    But I am in no hurry to get on to summer. 

Thanks so much for stopping by. 


2 comments:

Jan Hoyt said...

This is a beautiful card! Quick 'n cute is definitely my thing...I love the complicated cards but when it comes to sitting down and making up some cards give me a really nice CAS card every time! I am sure your friends who were having hard times really appreciated the lovely gesture....who doesn't enjoy getting a hug with a fold in the middle via the USPS, right?

Dianna said...

Such a pretty card! I, too, love watercolor and sponging effects on cards. And I agree with Jan: CAS are my kind of cards! Thanks for sharing your design; I just copied it to send to a friend who's recovering from knee surgery.