Thursday, February 9, 2017

Happiest of Birthdays, FMS#274


This DSP has been in my mind since I first got it way back in June when the catalog came out. It's way different then what I normally use and it's been sitting there challenging me to use it. So, today I did.  It's from the Festive Birthday DSP set.

I choose to use the Tempting Turquoise as my "color" for accenting.  I love that color, it's the trim on my home. Ask me and I'll put in the  comments what color my front door is. :)

Whisper White thick CS as my base, then the DSP.  I just cut eht white box out first, stamped my sentiment and little graphic on it, but the design at the bottom using the Florish thinlits, then added the piece of turquoise just a tiny bit larger. I just think when using white in this fashion, it looks better layered.  Cut another of the Florish framelit in white for the side.  And that is it!

So, here is the challenge:
I had fun making it, I hope you had fun looking.

3 comments:

horizonview said...

Wow! What a bright and colorful card, Lynn. Love how you used the sketch. So, what color is the front door? LOL. Question: are there two thicknesses of Whisper White cardstock? Or just one? I'm being too lazy to go to the catalog and look. ~Lynn M.

Linda Callahan said...

I love that paper but mine is still sitting uncut! You conquered it.....I love this bright happy card! Glad you shared it at FMS!

Jen Brum said...

Very pretty card! Love that background paper! So bright and cheery! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!