Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Easter Blessings, fms#381



I decided that this year I would send Easter cards to my girls and a couple of friends, they will get an embroidered lace cross bookmark inside.
This is the first card, I got my start with the Freshly Made Sketches challenge for this week.
Check it out here and see all the lovely projects.



I did use retired product on this card, the  set of stamps and dies with the cross is from Hold On To Hope set from last year.  I think it's the best set of it's kind SU ever put out, so I hung on to it. Everything else is current although the foil here is not available as it was SAB and is gone, but we have plenty of foils in the annual catalog.
I started by choosing my DSP, this one is from All My Love DSP, that gave me my colors. I then went to the cross and got it done and stamped and went down the layers.  The sentiment is from a new product in our annual catalog, Itty Bitty Greetings.

My colors are: Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Flirty Flamingo, and Lovely Lipstick.
The die for the sentiment is from Lakeside framelits in the annual catalog.


4 comments:

Gloria S said...

Would love to know how you made your card with bookmark? I have a desire to send out Raster cards as well! I would love to include the beautiful cross bookmark as well. Thank you for sharing!

Lynn Hoyt said...

Gloria, I'm afraid I don't do paper bookmarks, what I'm doing is Machine embroidery, making free standing lace crosses. I will post one maybe today, I have a hoop full already done.

Amy O said...

This is such a pretty cross! And I love the idea of embroidered bookmarks to put inside. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Jen Timko said...

This is so beautiful! It is the perfect way to deliver what I'm sure are gorgeous and special gifts. So glad to see you this week at FMS!