Friday, March 1, 2019

Birthday Wishes, fms#377




I've had this pretty set for awhile and just hadn't used it. I've admired it from time to time, but it just didn't seem to fit what I wanted to do.  It's gorgeous, and this slice of cake was not difficult to fussy cut at all.

Today I am playing along with Freshly Made Sketches, you can find the challenge here.

I used Coastal Cabana, Flirty Flamingo and Early Espresso for my colors along with Whisper white.
I cut the large doily from the Doily Builder dies, out of plain printer paper, (masking paper can be used), I used a large round brush to brush color from the ink pad, over the die cut paper to transfer the design.
I then stamped my cake image using the Espresso ink and coloring in with colored pencils. I fussy cut it out and added it using dimentionals.   I then stamped some of the smaller flowers and colored and added some tiny pearls.  
The stamp positioner made it easy to stamp my birthday banner, and then I glued my pieces down.
My card base is 4 1/4 x 5 1/2, cut long wise so it folds at the top.
Coastal Cabana piece is 4 1/8 x 5 3/8, then my top white layer is   4x 5 1/4.

I hope you enjoy, thanks for stopping.



2 comments:

Clipping Path said...

Gorgeous card, love the image and fabulous layout the colouring is stunning.

Amy O said...

This is so pretty! I love the stenciled doily in the background. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!