Saturday, January 26, 2019

It's that time of year for Birthdays cards, FMS#372


Happy weekend,  I hope you are having a good one, and if you are in parts of the world that are covered in snow and cold, stay in and stamp!  There is no better time or reason.

It's almost Feb, so time to get cards made for 2 of my daughters who's birthdays are in Feb.  I thought this sketch would make a good one. I hope you like it too.

Here is the Freshly Made Sketches, sketch, by my friend Linda, I try to always do the challenge when she is in charge.  Check out the challenge and the teams submissions HERE. 
It's a great sketch, wide open for you to be able to do your thing.  I had several thoughts in my head about ways to go about this, one being using an embossing folder across the card, but opted in favor of a piece of gorgeous DSP.  Every time I look though my DSP this one just stops me in my tracks, but this is the first time I actually pulled it out.  It's drop dead gorgeous.
It's from the All My Love DSP pack in the new Occasions catalog.   I combined it with an older set Flourish Thinlits, it's the thinlits that go with the Falling Flowers stamps. They are in the Annual catalog.

My colors today are: Lovely Lipstick, Crumb Cake, and Flirty Flamingo.
I cut my base from Crumb cake placing it in the long position on the trimmer and cutting in half at the 4 1/4" mark,  then I cut a piece of Flirty Flamingo at 4x 5 1/4".  I need added a piece of the DSP, 4"x 3". I added my piece of Lovely Lipstick ribbon attaching it around the back side and glued it down to my base card.

I first die cut my flower using Lovely Lipstick, adding  multi purpose adhesive on the back first, laying my die on the front of the card stock.   I took a piece of Crumb cake, took the backing off the back of my long flower and glued it down, then cut the panel to size, as close as I could to the die.

I used the Sentiment from Perennial Birthday and cut it out using the Petals & More die.   Then I added rhinestones on the flower and at the top of my card.

Thanks for stopping by.




4 comments:

Kristina H said...

This is oh so lovely!

Linda Callahan said...

Wow you made my sketch look terrific! Lovely Lipstick is my favorite red and it looks great mixed with the pink! Beautiful card!

Karren said...

That flourish die is just gorgeous and works so well with the sketch! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Judy Rozema said...

Ooh! My favorite colors! Pink!! Pretty card! Thank you for playing along in this week's Freshly Made Sketches Challenge!