Saturday, March 17, 2018

Hold on to Hope, Easter card


I love this card! I very, very seldom CASE the SU catalog, but I did here because it was just so pretty. I made a couple changes however.  I started with Watercolor paper for my top piece, and used the Yellow Brusho.  So, first I stamped the flower set in Versamark and white embossing powder. It's hard to see here I know and for that reason I didn't stamp the 2nd flower set onto the card stock.  I stamped it on vellum and embossed in white then cut it out with the die.

I was careful with the Brusho not to get my color too intense.  You can see the little splotches of color from it.  Then I die cut my cross, and as I fastened it down with glue dots, I also wrapped the vellum flower set around using the glue dots as well.  I was careful to leave room to slip in my ribbon, and used a glue dot to hold the ribbon together and to the card at the cross over junction.

You don't need a half doily, just a little portion cut from one edge for each top and bottom.  The greeting is a very old stamp I had stuck away as I didn't have a current one I liked for this. 
The Hold on to Hope set is a wonderful sympathy set, but as you see, really nice for Easter as well.

The cutout I used for the sentiment is from Petals and More die set.


No comments: