Sunday, March 25, 2018

Best Day Ever, Just add ink #401


So, this is one of my favorite techniques.  I just got this set, Flirty Flowers, and I white embossed the images then watercolored over that.  I used my ink pad and Aqua Painter, or if you like it can just be sponged on, but I felt like watercoloring to get a deeper color.

I decided to keep it otherwise fairly simple.  My little butterfly was my one sweet accent.
So, here is the sketch for this week, and you can go here to see all the cards.


My colors for this are: Whisper white, Rich Razzleberry, Sweet Sugarplum.


5 comments:

Eve N said...

Lynn, I love your cards; as a hobby demo I am always inspired by your designs. Thanks for sharing!

Rochelle Blok said...

Such a gorgeous card Lynn! The emboss resist technique is a gorgeous way to embellish the front panel in your card! Beautiful colours and a beautiful take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along and supporting us this week at Just Add Ink. Rochelle xo

Lynn Hoyt said...

Thank you Eve, what a sweet thing to say.

KimB said...

The deep Razzleberry tones of your feature panel really allow your foliage to pop and showcase all the delicate details Lynn. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

Jaxx Crafty Creations said...

Such a pretty card, Lynn. The embossed resist panel is so vibrant and looks wonderful teamed with the Petal Garden DSP. Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Just Add Ink this week.