Sunday, September 17, 2017

Stampin Up, Beachy Santa


I have had this in my head since the new Holiday 2017 catalog came out.   I'm in the middle of turning my living room into a Beach theme and this was perfect to hang on the wall or put on the shelf.

I ended up using 4 differnt stamp sets, but most of it is done using just 2.  Santa's Suit and Glamper Greetings.  Of course the Palm trees were from Beachy Little Christmas.

Putting the reindeer in at the top was a last minute decision.  And Santa can be either grabbing for his clothes or waving the reindeer in.  I choose to think he is doing both, waving the reindeer down while he grabs for his clothes to get ready.

The camper could have been a little bigger, but it's all I had.   But hey, he can go down chimminys so why not into the camper?

The frame is a 5x7 with a glass top. I was getting these at Walmart, but I'm not really seeing them there anymore, they were really cheap too.  But those lucite frames would work too.

I made this 5x7, and the top layer is 1/4" smaller on 2 ends. I hand cut some  mounds for the sand dunes.  Sahara Sand for the sand and Soft Sky for the sky/water.
The other colors are: Cherry Cobbler, Garden Green, Crumb Cake, Basic black, Smoky Slate and Soft Suede.

If you decide to do something similiar, have fun. I did.


2 comments:

Dana M said...

Lynn, you just made my day! I saw your card on Mary Fish's blog and just HAD to hop over and comment. Just too cute and clever! I love all the little details you added. Beautifully executed project!

wannabcre8tive said...

A very cute card. I like how you combined your stamps. Very creative. I agree that Santa can deal with the smaller camper, after all he does have some magic tricks up his sleeve. :)