Saturday, September 3, 2016

Stampin Up spinner card for class


Yup, this was one of our cards we did in class. I had left the sentiment off as lots of times they like to choose their own.  I honestly didn't think it was my kind of card, I had to borrow the die set from one of my customers.  However, after making it up, I can see me using the quite a lot, and it was so much fun to make up.  I did made a square card, the die for the opening was too large for a card in Portrait.  And I didn't think there would be room for what I wanted under it in landscape. But I know now it would have worked fine in landscape. Just so you know.

I used the Weather Together set in the new annual catalog.  You have lots of pieces you can use including 3 different umbrellas.  The clouds are included too.   I cut out the clouds, one each of small and larger and inked the edges before putting my penny on the back with a dimential.  Make sure to cut the little tips off the ends of it so it doesn't stop the movement.

I tried to stamp the rain so it looked like the embrella was protecting that spot, then stamped in flowers and the bird.  Stampin Up and a you tube video for the spinner effect and they say it way better then I can.

If you are wondering what size this is, I made it 5 1/2 " square cutting the front piece at 1/4" smaller on two sides.
I hope you enjoy, thanks for coming by.


No comments: