Friday, November 29, 2013

PPA 181


It's been a busy week, so I haven't posted all that much, but that's life, isn't it?

For this card, I have to say, I've been struggling with making a card using a template that both reflects the template and that I like when I'm done. I think I did it this time, altho I did stray some from the template, but it's all about inspiration and the template is just the starting point.
Cherry Cobbler is my all time fav color, especially for Christmas, unless it's a really nice blue, I am a blue kinda person.

So, this is simple, just Whisper White and Cherry Cobbler. Cherry base, white on top, then I used the Labels collection framelits, first layer is using the Season of Style DSP, I have the small pad, 4 1/2x 6 1/2, then a layer of Cherry, then white with the sentiment from Christmas Messages (Holiday catty)
embossed with a versamark and cherry cobbler embossing powder. I did ink up the edges a bit too.

Then I cut a small piece of white ran it through the Chevron embossing folder added a ribbon bow. For the ribbon I used Seam binding in Cherry cobbler.

Hope you enjoy, come on and check out the PPA challenge and create your own card.



Thanks so much for stopping by.

4 comments:

Diane Roberts said...

I'm with you, Lynn. Cherry Cobbler is my favorite all year round, but especially at Christmas time. This is a lovely card. Thanks for playing at Pals Paper Arts.

Anonymous said...

I used to be a RH Red girl, until we got Cherry Cobbler - who can resist that rich, saturated red? Lovely work this week - thanks for playing along with PPA!

Ann Schach said...

Such a pretty card, Lynn! Like you, I love Cherry Cobbler! Thanks for playing with the Pals at Pals Paper Arts!

Beth Beard said...

Lovely Lynn! I adore Cherry Cobbler! Thanks for playing along with us this week!