Monday, September 10, 2012

Mojo Monday 258

Yup, it's that time of the week again. I missed a couple being gone from home, but am so glad to be home and am loving this sketch.
It's just a really fun sketch, so many ways to play. Now, here is my take on it. I might have gotten a little carried away with color, but it for sure is bright and happy.

Colors used are Certainly Celery and Island Indigo, I considered some pink with it, but all three would have been a bit much, but Island Indigo would be wonderful with pink.
I used Island Indigo for the base card. If you want a lighter inside to write on, just cut a piece of paper a little smaller then the inside and glue on. I love using my Whisper White ink pad for my sentiment inside. Be careful if you do, it's really super juicy, a light touch with the stamp is all that is needed on the pad and on the paper.
layered the base card with certainly celery embossed with the Stripes folder, then cut 2 strips from a paper in my little DSP Festival of Prints pad. The size of the paper pad works really well with cards, It's 4 1/2"x 6 1/2" and is printed on both sides of the paper.
I cute my strips at 3/4", measured the center on one end and put a pencil mark then cut. If you have a smaller square punch you can use that for your ends. I cut the flowers out from the Big L Fun Flower Die in both colors, embossed the larges Island Indigo and smallest Certainly Celery using the dots embossing folder. I punched out two circles and cut in half for the top, added a pearl to my flower, and stamped the Thank You with the Perfectly Penned sentiment set.
Thanks for looking.

No comments: