Saturday, April 10, 2021

River of Flowers, Freshly Made Sketches #480, Stampin Up

 

It's finally warming up here in AZ, a bit late this year, but still unpredictable.  At least now the wind is from the south so not so cold.  All too soon it will pass and then the heat will take over.  

For this card I've joined the challenge at Freshly Made Sketches. Check here for all the cards, there are many wonderful ideas. 

And here is this weeks sketch.  



But today I have this river of flowers to look at.  And I've used a brand new set from the 2021-2022 new Annual catalog. I've also used a couple of the new in colors, Polished Pink and Soft Succulent along with a Blushing Bride card base. 


For the top layer I've cut my piece the size I wanted for the final layer. FirstI embossed using the 3D texture embossing folder, then used a die in the  Penned Flowers die to do a stitched scallop close to the middle.  I cut the smaller side down even more to allow my river of flowers to show well, and that left room on the larger side for my large flower.  The stamp set is Hand Penned Petals, also sold in a bundle with the dies. And sold as a suite with the DSP included and the jewels. 

The DSP doesn't use the 2 new colors I choose, but with a bit of watercolor I was able to make them very close.  I stamped in black, then used my pink fill color, but then used a water brush to add just a tiny bit of pink from the stamp pad for the smaller flower, and did the same with the leaves using the Soft Succulent.  

My sentiment came from the set Inspired Thoughts and was cut using one of the Stitched Rectangle dies. I added the jewels from the new In color jewels for a bit of bling.  

I hope you enjoyed.   Thanks for stopping.

3 comments:

Janet said...

That's beautiful, Lynn! Love the delicate and hand-painted look.
The colors are very appealing.

Jen Brum said...

What a beautiful card! I just that background paper and the sweet flowers! Such beautiful springy colours! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Jen Mitchell said...

This is lovely. The colors are so pretty for spring and I love the dotted lines and the texture on the background. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!