Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Simple Joys, Christmas Card, GDP#164



Very simple card today, a little bit of work with the Big Shot though.  The inspiration for this is from a card made by Jan Brown, her's was all white and while it is stunning, I'm kinda all about color. When I do a white card, it always has a pop of color, and with this one, I got to wondering how it would look with this beautiful very soft green, Soft Sea Foam, I'm not a green person, but this is so soft and pretty, that I do love the color.

Here is the challenge.


White card base, cut your green a bit smaller then the card base, cut the leaves from both Pretty Pines thinlits and Detailed Poinsettia dies.  Cut the solid backing die out of Vellum from the Poinsettia, then cut the poinsettia out of white using both the detailed part of the die and the backing that is around the outside edge.  Glue together.  I put my dimentional in the center but left the paper on the one side so it could be positioned and then put it where I wanted it and laid down my greenery. I also used the big Cloud stamp from Snowflake Blizzard, stamped off on my paper then lightly on my card  a couple times. Then added in a few stampings of the dots stamp the same way, all for some added texture.   Take the paper off your poinsettia back and glue down, add a sentiment.    I used the Glitter Enamel Dots from the A/C catalog in yellow for my center.

Merry Christmas!




No comments: