Sunday, September 2, 2018

Abstract Impressions, #JustAddInk424


I love, love, love the 2 new Stampin Up purples.   Purple is kinda my color along with blues.
First off, I can't take credit for this design, I rarely CASe a card, but I was so in love with Debra Daam's example that I had to try it.
Find Debra's card here: 

Today my card is for the challenge at Just Add Ink.

The die set for this doesn't have the flowers, just the big corner and a gorgeous butterfly, so I had to fussy cut the flowers. The very small flower is a die in the set though.
Pay close attention to the little black lines on the clear plastic the set comes on for placement. Having a stamp positioner helps a lot, but we used to do it with out.

I used the new Curls and Swirls embossing folder, ran it through the Big Shot, sponged on some smoky slate, the cut the large floral corner and when I did that I used the Multi purpose adhisive sheet.  That allowed for it to be put down without having to mess with glues.

For the tiny flowers, I took a couple small left over pieces of watercolor paper and spritzed both sides, that keeps it from curling so badly, then used my Aqua painter to pick up color from my ink pad and brush onto my paper.  I just put small areas at a time so that I could place my little die over more then one color.  I just used the 2 purples, Highland Heather, and Gorgeous Grape, but a bit of Aqua might have been interesting, I didn't think about that. 
I used the mini dimentionals for under the center, then put the glimmer dots in the center.

So, if you have questions, just ask in comments and I'll answer there, blogger doesn't allow us to have email address's from comments.

Thanks for stopping by.




2 comments:

KimB said...

Wow I love all the layers of texture you added Lynn, especially how the embossed texture peeps out though your flowery die cut. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

Jan said...

This is fantastic, Lynn! I love how the sponging really makes the embossed texture details pop and your water coloured flowers look fabulous with the different purples being highlighted too. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week.