Sunday, June 10, 2018

Tropical Blooms card, Just Add Ink #412


Stampin up has some really, really different and wonderful stamp sets and die sets and even punches in the new annual catalog.   I think this is one of them.  This one can be die cut from right where you want the die to show or you can do what I did, cut it out then trim an edge around it.  And the leaves are just too much fun, I'll be playing with them next.

Here is the challenge I'm playing along with for this card.  Check the rest of the cards here.





My colors for this are: Blushing Bride, Whisper White, Granny Apple Green, Lemon Lime Twist and Black.
I had to sub Lemon Lime Twist for the Apple green in the spalatters as I don't as yet have the ink pad.  The 6x6 Tropical Escape DSP is really gorgeous.
I was a little worried putting this together, that it might end up too busy, but I don't think that happened. And I usually will use a small print for anything like this,  but I just loved how this worked up, the leaves sticking out the sides.

Granny Apple Green was not a color I was looking forward to, just like Lemon Lime Twist was, but once again, I surprised myself by loving it when used right.  Look at it with the Blushing Bride, it's gorgeous together.
I hope you love it too. Thanks for stopping by.

EDIT:  In looking at my card I kept thinking there could and should be more. Normally when I'm done, I'm done. But here is the after after changes.   What do you think?  Better or not?



5 comments:

Nikki Spencer said...

I love seeing new toys in action and this is lovely Lynn. The black layer borders your focal panel beautifully and really draws the eye. Thanks for sharing at Just Add Ink.

Jan said...

This is so pretty, Lynn. Your inks spots and speckles and black frame really bring these vibrant leaves to life. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week.

HJ said...

I love this beautiful card, Lynn. Those colors are great together and the leaf die really adds interest. Great job! Enjoy your day!

KimB said...

I love how strong and graphic that top panel is Lynn and how it complements all the delicate fronds you see peeping put from behind! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

Chantell Randall said...

Both versions of your card are great - but I really like the second version. The addition of the leaves takes it to a whole new level. I do like how your leaves, die and paper all match. Chantell Just Add Ink