Sunday, January 1, 2017

2017 first card of the year


I think I'm finally recovering from Christmas. I haven't sat at my stamp desk in quite a while. I have just been burned out some and I did have my girls come and spend some time with us.  But I am ready to move on. 

This is for the husband of a friend who passed.   I made it using a brand new set called High Tide. It's in the new Occasions catalog for 2017.   Ordering for that catalog and the SAB catalog starts Jan 4, 2017.   For each $50 you spend in any active catalog, you can choose something from the SAB one for free.   This will end March 31st. 

This was  very quick and simple. It kind of made itself.  Can't you just see yourself standing on the sand, watching the sea and birds? It makes me feel calm. 

The sentiment if from Suite Seasons, in the Holiday catalog. 
Happy New Year.   I think it's going to be a good one.

4 comments:

365 Days of Donna said...

Both of these cards are beautiful like always! You are so talented!!

Sigrids kreative ART said...

I love this card. Absolutly adorable.
Sigrid

Lois said...

How did yo do the background sky? Is it a DS{ of is it water colored?

Lynn Hoyt said...

Hi Lois, blogger doesn't give us a way to respond to people, so I have to do it here. Hope you come back for your answer.
The sky was just simply sponged on. I did it after I put the birds in.