Sunday, June 19, 2016

Stampin Up, Flowers, Flowers, Flowers.


Todays card is one I did for my class.  I'm always looking for some new idea or technique for them, they really keep me on my toes.

I started thinking about framing something, and this set just seemed to fit the bill.  This is from the Grateful Bunch bundle.  All three sizes of flower are on one stamp, set up to easily cut out at once using the punch.

My colors for this are Peek a boo peach, Emerald Envy, Dapper Denim, Perfect plum, Smoky Slate and Black and Whisper white.

After cutting the base card, I cut a piece of Smoky Slate just a bit smaller.  I used my Hardwood background stamp, stamped off once then stamped onto my paper.   I used the Timeless Textures Stamps to add some texture here and there around the outside edge of the gray.

Then I stamped the leaves just once.  I added the sentiment up toward the top with black ink.

I stamped and punched out all my flowers in 3 colors, then I took my top layer,  and used my trimmer to cut the inside out leaving 1/2" on each edge.  Then I used my blender pens to color the flowers in. It's not necessary, but I love the look.  I scattered the flowers around, some popped up and some not randomly.

Tip: If you don't have the trimmer or you just feel challenged cutting the middle out, you can take a square die, cut leaving 1/2" or so at top and sides, then after cutting once, slide the die down until it is 1/2" above the bottom and cut again.  That is what I ended up having my class do, it was way easier.

I added some pearls and was done.  Just click on any of the product images below to go to my store.


No comments: