Thursday, April 14, 2016

Stampin Up, Pals Paper Arts Challenge #296

Yup, it's another PPA challenge today, this time a sketch challenge.

I know I'm not posting many cards these days, but I've been trying to get some other stuff done between bouts of illness.  I just can't seem to stay well, but then making cards is great therapy.

For my colors this week, I used Pink Pirouette, Blackberry Bliss and Whisper White.  I bet you are wondering about the middle piece. It's 2 items put together, they are from the Memories in the Making Project Life kit.   The pink piece comes as a white card with the resist lines, it can be used as is or you can watercolor or sponge any color on it that you want. The top piece is clear with the gold scallops printed on.

You may have seen the white paper before,  SU has had a couple sets of this type of thing. I love it, and wish we got more.  The circle design is from the Serene Silhouettes stamp set, I made it a bit larger by sponging the edge after die cutting and then cutting a larger circle from white.

I also used Pink Pirouette 1/2" seam binding. I love the seam binding ribbons, they are so soft.  The embossing folder is called Zig Zag.

This just went together so well and turned out so soft and pretty. I hope I've inspired you just a little bit.


3 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

I love the PL pieces you used! And the embossed background is fabulous! Beautiful card!

Susan Itell said...

This is a fun card… Your color choices are great. I would never imagine putting them together. I agree with Linda as I love the embossed background. It really make sure card pop!

Ginger said...

Love the bit from the Making Memories Kit Lynn. Clever use of something extra.