Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Fast and Fabulous 10 minute card

Actually, I think this is really a 5 min card, I think the upgraded card doesn't take more then 10 min.

Here is version 1 of my Fast and Fabulous card for today.  One stamp set, one half piece of Whisper White Card Stock.  One color
Bashful Blue
Snow Swirled, Big catty, Page 18. 127799 Clear,  111690  Wood.
This has been my very favorite set of the season. I do love snowflakes and also whimsical, so paired together they were a natural for me. I used the medium and small snowflake and the sentiment.
I had decided to stamp on my envys for the first time ever. And while I was stamping away with the snowflakes, I first thought, Gee, if these hit back weather on their way they are going to look just awful.
My next thought was, gee, this is really pretty, bet it would make a wonderful, quick card.  And it did.

So, here is how I upgraded it, but I still think the original is gorgeous.
As you can see, I've added the envy here for you to see. It's a bit hard to see I know, such a light color.
I used the Bashful blue as my card, then cut a piece from white, stamped on it, ran it through the embossing folder and added a piece of Midnight Muse Ribbon. Bashful blue ribbon or Marina Mist ribbon would have looked great too, but this is what I had.
I then stamped the sentiment on white and used my Decorative Label Punch #120907 to punch out the shape and put Stampin Dimensionals on the back to attach. That's it.
Here is a close up of the envy, I just did a few snowflakes along the one side.
I really hope you enjoyed this and it gave you some ideas. This will probably be my very last Christmas card, it's almost here.


No comments: