Thursday, April 9, 2020

Black and White Hello card, gold embossing


My upline has issued us a challenge in group with a list of card types to choose from. I think she is trying to keep us busy during all this shutdown. 
One type was black and white and it can contain a pop of color.  Normally I'll do red, love black, white and red!   However, decided to maybe do something different, and we have so many papers with metallics it was made easy.

I LOVE embossing! It can turn simple into gorgeous.  So, did a white cardbase, then a black layer 1/4" smaller, then a layer of DSP from the Golden Honey set. And finally a piece of black I had gold embossed using the A Little Lace stamp set.   I loved this set the min I put eyes on it last year, but I haven't used it nearly enough, think I'll play with it some more.  

I used the Rectangle stitched dies to cut out both panels, and I wanted the white and gold piece to show nicely so I tilted the black embossed piece a bit.  The sentiment was embossed on white. 

It normally takes me quite a while to make a card, the time in not in the making, but in the decision process, sometimes it works out great, but sometimes it doesn't. But just in the doing you learn and grow, it's always worth while to try to do your own thing.   Not that there is anything wrong in CASeing.  It's the Stampin Up way.  I hope I've been able to inspire you a bit today.  
Thanks for stopping.

1 comment:

Hilda Burton said...

I love this elegant card using the pretty DSP and gold embossing. So pretty. Enjoy your day, Lynn.