Thursday, July 11, 2019

Sailing Home Birthday card, Freshly Made Sketches #396


My hubby has a birthday coming up, and he is an ocean lover and a lover of all things patriotic, so this is his card.  I hope he likes it.
I used the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches this week for inspiration. Stop by and check out all the fabulous cards from the team. 

I did end up using a lot of colors, Poppy Parade, Seaside Spray, Blueberry Bushel, Pool Party, So Saffron, Flirty Flamingo and White.
I started with a white card base, added a Poppy layer then the Come Sail away DSP.

For the top layer, I started with a piece of watercolor paper.   For my ocean, I used the water die from High Tide.  Once with Seaside Spray, and then again with Pool party, then used my Aqua Painter to blend the colors just a bit.

I then used a very large round brush to pick up some color from my So Saffron ink and brush on, then did the same with the Flirty flamingo, and then the sky lightly with Seaside Spray.  I punched out a piece using the Pretty Label punch, and used one side of that to add more color to the sky for light clouds.  Just brush or sponge lightly along one edge of the punched piece.   I cut and added my rope edges, then stamped and cut my boats and the compass. I used a 1 3/8" round punch to cut out the compass, it fits perfect.

Stamped my sentiment on vellum, TIP: use a 2 way glue pen to glue down vellum, you won't see it and it stays great.
 Thanks for looking.


1 comment:

Linda Callahan said...

You created a gorgeous scene for your hubby! Beautifully detailed and perfectly inked!