Sunday, July 21, 2019

Christmas in July



My upline has been giving us color challenges lately.  I choose to do this one.  Balmy blue, Rich Razzleberry and Pineapple.  

For some reason I was in the mood for Christmas. Maybe it's because the pre order for the Holiday catalog is just around the corner, or because I am seeing so many Christmas in July cards. 

On top of these colors I've added in Silver embossing.  I do love embossing.  I used watercolor paper and stamped and embossed my tree, the using my aqua painter, I picked up some color from my Balmy blue ink pad and squeezed out some water to put down my color.  
I used my scallop die to create the edges, don't ask me how I got just the right size piece to go under the watercolor, I don't know. I had a piece of scrap, die cut on both edges and was going to cut them with enough room to tuck under. However, when done, it fit perfect without cutting. 

So, I stamped some tiny snowflakes on, then die cut some snowflakes and attached them. Then stamped and die cut the piece for the sentiment. 

That was fun, now to wait a couple weeks and I can order some of this years new Holiday goodies. 
Thanks for stopping by. 

No comments: