Saturday, February 23, 2019

Romance is in the air. Just Add Ink #445



I know I've said it before, but I am in love with this set.  I wasn't sure when I first saw it, but was convinced after seeing what could be done with it.  You can make it as simple or full as you would like.  The extra pieces in both the stamp set and dies allows for it to be anything you want.   I used the main image, the large floral, plus one each of 2 different leaves that I added.

I'm doing this one for the Just Add Ink challenge for this week, you can find it here.




You only have to use one kind of embossing, but I love embossing, both kinds so I did both.
I used Sahara Sand to stamp my floral out on. Using the White Craft ink I embossed with white powder then used my Highland Heather blends to color in.  It made for a pretty dusty color that I ended up liking even tho it's a bit hard to see that it's purple.

The dry embossing was done with a brand new folder that will be available March 1st, in the 2nd round of SAB. It's free with a $50 order and it's a must have.   You can see it used in a totally different way on another post I did here: 

My leaves are Mossy Meadow Blends with Highland Heather and a bit of Gorgeous Grape for the flowers. I added tiny pearls in the center of those flowers, some speckles from a little stamp and a few tiny pearls scattered around. The tiny butterfly cut out of the Botanical Butterfly DSP, that is also free with a $50 order.

My ribbon I'm sorry to say is unavailable at this time. It is suppose to be coming back in March, but there will be a scramble to order when it does.  It was very popular and sold out quickly, it was also an SAB item.   Meanwhile, focus on the new items and if you like them, order asap, remember the SAB ends at the end of March.

Thanks for stopping.



4 comments:

KimB said...

Using the Sahara base adds a really muted elegant tone to your colouring Lynn. I love how you paired that with the textured white background. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week. Kim

Jan said...

Such an elegant card design, Lynn and I love the effect of the peek of purple behind your tilted panel. Your soft colours contrast beautifully with the white embossing too. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week.

Chantell Randall said...

I really love the colour combo you have used on this card. The colours are soft but strong all at the same time. Chantell Just Add Ink

Kelly Kent said...

Such a beautiful card Lynn! I love the colours you've chosen for the floral centrepiece! Thanks for sharing your project with us for the Just Add Ink challenge. Kelly x