Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Climbing Roses, Birthday day, Global Design Project # 175







Birthday card for Daughter #2.   I have 2 daughters with the same birthday in Feb.  4 Years apart.
This is my first attempt using Climbing Roses, I kept looking at the set but didn't have any ideas that I really liked for it, until this one.     So, first I did it for the GDP#175 challenge, I love having a place to start and that was it for me today.  Check all the projects out here.

I used Granny Apple Green, Gorgeous Grape and Highland Heather.
To make the background was really easy.   I used the Marbled background stamp. I laid it face up and sponged some Highland Heather on it randomly.  Then I took my piece of Watercolor paper and lightly spritzed it with water and put it down on the stamp and ran my bone folder down it to get it all covered.     You may end up doing that more then once to get just the look you want.

I white embossed the larger flower image, then did a color wash.   It's easy and it's hard to go wrong.  I just use my ink pads and Aqua painter.  Brush the aqua painter across the top of the ink pad,  then squeezing a bit of water out at the same time, swirl it into the lid.
If you need it darker, just run the brush across the pad again, you can keep doing that to get just the amount of color you want. 

I did the leaves first. On this stamp most of them are around the edges so it was pretty easy.  Then anything else that wasn't a leaf got Gorgeous grape.  I did add a bit of darker color in spots.

I then cut out the small rose die that is in the die set, and used the aqua painter again to color it.  The ribbon is part of the pack of 5 from the 2019 SAB brochure, but is currently unavailable. Check with your demonstrator to have her let you know when it's available again, it is looking like it will be March.

I used the Petite Treats bundle for my sentiment. I added a few pearls just because and attached my top to my bottom.

If you have questions, please post in comments and that is how I will have to answer as well.


No comments: