Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Saying Good by and fms336


As exciting as it is to have a brand new catalog, there is sadness saying goodby to amazing stamp sets as they retire. And this year, we are also saying goodby to several colors from our main color families.  No matter how great the new colors are, there seem to always be some you really don't want to part with.  On the plus side, wow, what a fabulous new catalog we have this year. And not only some new colors besides the new incolor set, but a few back that many had been asking for.

For me?  I am so thrilled to see Blackberry bliss back!  I have missed it and hopefully with the new ink cases combined with the stamp positioner, maybe, just maybe I won't get it all over myself this time.
Before we start finding out what I used, here is the links and the image for the challenge.
Check out the challenge here:
My colors today are:Pear Pizzazz, Very Vanilla, Grapefruit Grove (new incolor) and Blackberry bliss.

The stamp set retiring May 31st, is Grown with Love and the matching framelits is Garden Grown Framelits.  I also used Painted Autumn DSP, also retiring, and a brand new product, Nature's Twine. This pack of twine has 4 colors in it.  I love when I can get multiple colors in one pack and had asked for that.  You'll find some ribbon the same way.  I also used a fairly new embossing folder that is perfect for this kind of card, called Layering Leaves, I was tempted to sponge on some of the green over some leaves on the embossing, but thought it might be too busy if I did.

Thanks so much for taking a peek.





4 comments:

Jen Timko said...

Beautiful use of this set and I, too, am super happy to see Blackberry back. Such a pretty card. So glad to see you this week at FMS!

Kathy said...

Your card is so pretty, a quiet and gentle look

Amy O said...

What a pretty bouquet! And I love that sweet little bow. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Pat Stewart said...

Pretty card...as all of yours are!
Like the way you tipped the angle of
the green DSP. Thanks for sharing!