Monday, November 6, 2017

A snowflake Christmas card, Merry Monday 264



It's Merry Monday week again.  I love working on my Christmas cards by doing challenges. It just makes it more fun. 

I have to apologize right up front. Most of what is on the card is retired.  I just couldn't help myself, the card pretty much made itself in my head before I sat down, so I just went with it.  I love all the new layering framelits we have now, they work so beautifully, especially love the stitched framelits.

The red snowflake in the center was from an embellishment package a few years ago, I colored it with my new Blends markers.  I'm really impressed with them, and I think they are so much better then the last try.  The Merry is put on using the new double sided adhisive SU has.  Simply cut the size you need, apply to one side of the cardstock, put your die on the front side of the cardstock and cut normally.   The dies tend to come out much easier.  Pull off the back and it sticks down like magic.

So, this weeks challenge is red and kraft.  I have plenty of red, but only a retired package of 12x12 craft left, so cut a piece off that. Here is the challenge:




The new Alcohol blends are available as of Nov 1, so you can order now.  The price is excellent, you get 2 shades of each color. 


6 comments:

Maike of Maikreations said...

Love the layout!!! ;o) Happy crafting, Maike

horizonview said...

I've been loving your Christmas cards, Lynn! I'm so jealous. What you've done with red and craft here is just lovely, beautiful. Those stitched framelits though, are soooo cool. And the embossing is lovely. You keep inspiring, that's for sure. - Lynn M.

Unknown said...

Lyn, I love your adorable snowflake card so happy you joined us this week over at Merry Monday.

Unknown said...

Lyn, I love your adorable snowflake card so happy you joined us this week over at Merry Monday.

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

LOVING all those snowflakes! Such a pretty card and great LO!! Thanks for playing with us at Merry Monday.

Colleen said...

Kraft and red together are so pretty, especially for Christmas and your card really shows off those colors. the embossed snowflakes for the background is so pretty and then the pop of white around your frame just draws the eye in to look at the beautiful single flake! Wonderful card and thank you for joining us this week at Merry Monday!