Saturday, October 4, 2014

Stampin Up, Quick and Simple Sat for Oct 4th.



Good  morning. Before we talk about my card today I have some news. Some of you have seen my posts about my problems with walking and even sitting.
Well, I have known for a few weeks now what the problem is. I have a very bad hip, it's bone on bone, and I am scheduled for surgery in a few days.

I am very fortunate to have a fantastic Dr here in our area who does a very high tech hip replacement using a special table and laser so that the cut is from the front and little to no muscle has to be cut.

While I happen to hate surgery and will avoid it at pretty much all costs, I have gotten to the point that I can't do much of anything.  So, I just want it over.  So, if you don't see much for a while, know I am recouping and not able to post. Hopefully it will not last very long, I do love making my cards and stuff and showing them off.

So, this may not look like quick and simple, but it really is. One stamp set along with a Designer series paper from the Holiday stack. I like these as they are cut to card size, quick and easy to use.

I colored in the image, however, it's darling just stamped in black. It looks like a sketch. But I love using my Blendabilities, they are so much fun, so I couldn't help myself.   If you do use them, be sure to use the Memento black, not the Stazon black as that can run with the Blendies.

I hope you enjoy.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your card. The Blendies are so nicely done.

Best of luck with your surgery. I know that you will feel sooooo much better in no time at all.

Sherry in MI

Lynn Hoyt said...

Thanks so much Sherry. Both for the nice comment on the card and for the surgery comment.