Monday, June 17, 2013

Mojo Monday 298, Patriotic Birthday card




Good morning everyone, or afternoon, or evening, whatever it is where you are. Here in Northern AZ it's morning.   I'm here with my card for the Mojo Monday challenge, it's making my mondays one of my favorite days of the week.   Strange huh? Well, I'm retired so it really makes no difference to me what day it is normally.  I am happy it's monday tho, I've suffered all weekend with a really bad tooth and today I can finally call the dentist. I truly hate dentists, how about you? Not personally of course, just what they do.

Anyway, here is our sketch for this week.
As it happens my hubbys birthday is in July, and this sketch provided the perfect excuse to get his card done. He is a huge patriotic guy, our kids know anytime they get him something red/white/blue, he will love it, our house attests to that.

So, I did use one retired product on this, I apologize for that but with the new catalog I haven't gotten all the DSP I usually have.  So, used the old DSP pad, and I did truly love the stripes anyway and I think it suited this card.

Colors:
Whisper White
Night of Navy
Cherry Cobbler

Supplies:
Simply Stars
Banner Greetings
Seam binding
Card size is 4x6. I normally like to stick to an A2 size card so they fit in the envelops without problems, and also because I send a lot of my cards I post to OWH (Operation Write Home) to be sent to our troops so they can be used to send cards to their loved ones.  Of course this one is staying here, and I do have 4x6 envys, so it's all good.





I hope you enjoyed this card and that it inspired you.
Thanks for stopping.

2 comments:

Terri Orr said...

Love your interpretation of the MM sketch--and the red/white/blue is so happy and upbeat!
(And, yeah, I hate dentists, too--I'll be visiting with one a lot this summer--EEK! :-) )
Anyway--great card!

Wanda Cullen said...

Fabulous patriotic themed card! Great card for the mojo sketch!