Thursday, January 14, 2021

Cut the Cake, #FMS468 Birthday card

 


Hard for me to believe I haven't posted since the first of Dec.  So, here is my first challenge card for this year for Freshly made sketches.  Cute and simple and one of my favorite people is the host of this one.

This one is for my oldest grand, I've given up trying to remember just how old he is, but lets just say 30 something.  He's a car guy so I thought this was a good one for him.  I do struggle with masculine cards, but when they have themes to work with it does help.  

Colors: Real red, Misty Moonlight, White, Mossy Meadow and Granny Apple green.\

The DSP is from a pack of the 2020-2022 incolor 6x6 paper pack. I love how it looks like denim, just works.   I had a lot of fun with my water brush and ink pad just picking up some color and spreading it around.  I think I'm getting better at that.  I used a silver pen on the grill, just kind of scribbled it on, it's an old car and a bit run down, my favorite kind.  

I thought it was a bit too bland so I added the piece that was run though the Tasteful Textures 3D embossing folder, just added a bit of interest.  

Hope you enjoy.


3 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

That paper reminds me of denim too! And you used my favorite embossing folder ever to frame your scene! I am terrible at watercoloring but seeing this makes me want to give it a go again! Perfect card for a guy! Thanks for your kind words - glad you played along!

Judy Rozema said...

Beautiful watercoloring! Thank you for playing at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Karren said...

Fabulous card and perfect for a car guy! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.