Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Graffiti wall, Just Add Ink #461


I don't usually give my cards a name, but this just seems like graffiti to me.  So you understand, here is this weeks challenge. And check out the teams project here:

This looks to me like a residential area in a large city like NY.  It's done in black and white except for the golden color of the tree leaves.  The brick on my card represents the brick homes. I just turned it around and did the brick in colors and the tree in Basic gray.
I choose to use Mango Melody instead of a yellow as I'm just not much of a yellow person.  And I did add Bermuda Bay.  The colors come from the new Pigment Sprinkles in this years annual catalog.
Just a word of warning, if you try them, be really sure to go very, very easy on color, then spritz.  If you still have too much and maybe too much water, take a paper towel and dab lightly in those areas and let dry. But, just put down a tiny amount  of powder.

The Brick and Morter embossing folder is one of the new ones this year and SU is using a new supplier.  So, even tho they are 3D folders, they are not as heavy as the old ones were. You may have to play a bit on your Big Shot to get it right.   I found that spritzing the CS lightly before embossing gave a better image as well.  Also, I used watercolor paper, that will make a difference as it's heaver then our CS. 

I was short on tree images that would work, so I'm sorry, this one is retired.  It's called Serene Silhouette if you want to see if you can find it.  

1 comment:

Jan said...

Your graffiti wall looks amazing Lynn! So much depth and detail in the colours! Incorporating the tree and the two panel design is so striking too. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week.