Saturday, June 29, 2019

2004 stamps meet 2019 colors, Freshly made shetches challenge #394


This weeks sketch just seemed perfect for my Christmas in (almost) July card. And being that I've been going through all my stamps lately I decided it should be a retro Christmas in July card. 
This set is from 2004.  Aren't these images so pretty? I just love this art work.  The sentiment is from Timeless Tidings which is retired, but I just love this font.  The embossing folder, who knows? It's SU but long retired, but a favorite for the holiday cards for me.
I've never sold one of my embossing folders.  I hoard them and I use them.  They are such an inexpensive way to have a fabulous card. You don't even need images over top. So many beautiful ways to color them then just put your sentiment on top and maybe a ribbon? 
All I did was layer first my Mossy Meadow CS over top of my card base that is Very Vanilla, then embossing VV piece to lay over top, then stamp and trim your image using your trimmer.  I did put a tiny piece of Merry Merlot on the top of the green strip and it's got stitching on it which really can't be seen here.
I cut my strip of green 1 3/4" and the images continue that look of layering.

I cut stamped my sentiment, then used the straight stitch piece from the Stitched Nested Label die set, twice, once top and once bottom, then trimmed close.  Added the red piece just a bit larger to it and glued it on too.
Really could be simpified, it all up to you.  

Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Jen Brum said...

What a great Christmas card! Love the embossed background! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Jen Timko said...

Look at you overachieving, lol! Love these pretty images and your classic colors are wonderful. So glad to see you this week at FMS! (I did fix your image in the gallery. Sorry for the inconvenience)