Saturday, July 28, 2018

Sent with Love, Festive Friday #0013


State Fair or TURQUOISE?  I'm in!  Turquoise is not my favorite color, probably my 3rd fav. Unless it's the real Turquoise stone as in jewelry.   And I am fortunate enough to live just 8mi from the one and only Kingman turquoise mine store.  All the rest have run out and have shut down.   That is another little hobby of mine, jewelry. Mostly I make earrings because that is the only jewelry besides my wedding ring that I wear pretty much every day.    If you ever get to Kingman AZ, let me know, I'll tell you right where it is.

Anyway, my fav turquoise was Tempting turquoise, but it's retired, so we are going with Bermuda Bay, we also have Coastal Cabana back and a lighter shade, Pool Party still.  I'm sorry to tell you that the ribbon I used as well as the silver and white DSP are both retired.  You can replace the ribbon with the 1/4" mini striped ribbon in bermuda bay, it's really pretty. #146939.  It also comes in Gorgeous Grape and Poppy, can't wait to get my hands on those.

So, we are playing as you can see, with Festive Friday.  This challenge has a bit of a twist. You sign in and when you post and when you win, you get points that accumulate for prizes.  How cool is that?
Here is the challege:




I hope you'll play along. Who knows, you might find something neat in the prizes.

The borders I used are from a die set. They do NOT have a matching stamp set, so you'll have to look in the catalog in the die section in the back to find them. I.LOVE.THEM.  3 Gorgeous dies.  I used the Multipurposes adhisive sheets on the backs, then cut them out.   Put a bit of glue on the back of the DSP top and bottom and glued them down, then pulled off the liner sheet and just stuck the whole thing down.

I hope I've given you some inspiration.   And THANK YOU Jen for the instructions for getting my notificatins back.


2 comments:

HJ said...

That's a beautiful card, Lynn. I love the Bermuda Bay and all the elements together. TFS. Enjoy your day!

NMWatt said...

I think this is one of the first times I've seen the Delicate Lace Edgelits in use - so beautiful! And it works so well with your design. Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday!