Monday, April 23, 2018

Getting away from it all. StampinUp sneak peek, GDP 135 challenge


Maybe it's because we haven't been back to CA to see the ocean in a very long time, or maybe this cute little set just called to me for some other reason. But I love it.  Great stamps and dies and a DSP set to go with as well.

Here is the GDP challenge, I'm playing along with, come, see what the whole team has done with this.

I decided to use the brand new incolors for this.  If you love a bright, real yellow, this is your color. Pineapple Punch.  Along side this, all our other yellows have some gold or orange in them.
I also used, Tranquil Tide, Mint Macaron (it's back) Grampefruit Grove, Blueberry Bushel and Whisper White.
I used the new Pineapple Punch for my card base then added the WW, with a cut of the new DSP at 5 1/2"x 2 1/2".  Glued the DSP to the white leaving the space for sky and sun.    Then I cut my oval in white, put it on my stamp positioner, used the long water stamp in the set in Mint Macaron and then moved the stamp up just a tiny bit and stamped again in Tranquil Tide so they went between the lines.
I used my Aqua painter to spread the water lines just a little. 

Stamped my boats in black and colored those in using my blender pen touched to the ink pad.  There is a chemical in that pen that usually won't cause it to run using dye ink.
I put the little squiggles under each boat to show the reflection.

Then I used a watercolor pencil to scribble some sky in and spread it a bit with the aqua painter. Punched out my sun, going around it with the Pineapple ink.
Lucky me I had some retired Mint Macaron ribbon to use!    I put that around my white/DSP, glued my white oval to a Tranquil Tide stitched oval and popped it all up with Dimentionals.

The sentiment is from Glamper Greetings, which will retire at the end of May.

I hope you enjoyed.  I'd love to hear what you think.  If you want answers, I'd love to give them, but Blogger doesn't let me have email's, so you'll have to ask and come back for an answer.


.

No comments: