Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Thinking of You for Freshly Made Sketches 277


I just received a pack of this set of ribbon in the mail yesterday.  It's gorgeous.  Very, very soft, a bit thicker then what we normally think of as ribbon.   The color is so right on.  It comes with the Sweet Sugarplum and Whisper White.  The die set that goes with the stamp set, Flourishing Phrases, has the flourish as a die as well as being able to stamp it. I decided to stamp it out and add the die cut flower over top.  I did use Always Artichoke, but be careful.

I used the Shimmery White paper instead of reg white so I could us an Aqua pen if I decided to do that, but I ended up stamping in die ink so I used the blender pen.  Rule of thumb is to use 2 mediums if you are going to be using water or alcohol as well as ink.   The blender pen will work with the die ink except that you really have to be careful, as it will bleed the colors.

So, my colors for this card are Soft Sky, Old Olive, Always Artichoke, Sweet Sugarplum.
Here is the sketch for FMS as well as the link if you would like to go check it out.
Do go and give it a look, the team's cards are so cute!


3 comments:

Frenchie said...

I love love it Lynn!!!'
Hugs Frenchie

Ali P said...

Oh WOW this is a total winner for me, absolutely stunning design and colours

Jen Mitchell said...

This is so beautiful! The leaves and flowers are colored perfectly and I really love the dimension from the die cuts. Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!