Monday, March 27, 2017

GDP080, Thank you card.



Happy monday morning.    I'm having fun getting back to challenges again.  This morning the GDP challenge pulled me in. We are CASe'ing Louise Sharp.  I know it's easy to think that CASE means to copy, and while it can, most often a challenge wants to see what you can do with the idea.  I think the GDP really wants you to take away what you want from it.  They do say that in the discription.  I love Louise's layout.   I changed it some but not a lot.  I hope you like it. Here is Louise's card.
Now to explain my card. I used a standard A2 card base, 4 1/4x51/2.  I cut mine long ways, and folded at the top.  My second layer is 4 1/8x5 3/8. 
To get this look on my tag layer, I took the smaller rose from the Rose Garden thinlit set and used copy paper to cut it out.   You want a thin paper or plastic so that you are able to get into all the inside edges.

I took my very large round brush, brushed it gently across my ink pad and then over the top of my cut out rose.  You get color transfer very slowely this way and don't get those hard lines.  I continued, until I had the color built up to where I liked it.

I then cut my piece down to the size I liked, rounded the corners, punched a hole in the top and added the linen thread bow.
For the sentiment I wanted the same rounded look, so after stamping my little sentiment I took my 1/2" hole punch, instead of putting the paper in normally I slid it in from the top to get this look on each end.

I also brushed the brush across my pink layer once I had embossed.


3 comments:

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Beautiful interpretation of the muse card Lynn! Love the softness of it all! Thank you for popping by my blog today! Have a good day/evening! Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Global Design Project Design Team said...

A beautiful take on Louise's card, Lynn. Love how you have softely added the rose on your card. Thank you so much for playing along with this week's Global Design Project challenge! Look forward to seeing you play along with us again soon.

Louise Sharp said...

Hi Lynn! LOVE your gorgeous PINK card and I'm so grateful you played along and CASEd me this week for the Global Design Project. xo