Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Santa's Sleigh card



There were so many wonderful stamps, dies and bundles in this years Holiday catalog it was very hard to know what to get first.   Since I'd decided that this was the year I was going to get some Fall/halloween sets, this one had to wait a bit, but it was very hard!

I've sized this card to fit in a #10 envelope. I happen to have some from a purchase I made after Christmas a few years ago and this set is just perfect for them.

I started with a base that is 9 1/4"x 8". Score so you have a card base of9 1/4"x4". This size will leave just a bit of room on the edges for the envelope.   I cut my top layer down 1/4" on two sides leaving a little red showing.

I then stamped and embossed my stars, and sponged on Night of Navy lightly.  I tore 2 narrow pieces of white and layered across the bottom for snow.  Then started adding my sleigh, raindeer and tree. The sleigh is Copper foil with red glimmer paper over top.  Crumb cake was used for the raindeer, but CS and ink, then Always Artichoke for the tree, again both CS and ink.

I popped up my sleigh with Dimentials making sure there was room to place my packages.   Lead raindeer got a red nose and bow on his wreath.

I hope you enjoy. Thanks for coming by, happy stamping.

No comments: