Thursday, September 29, 2016

PPA 320, Bells for Christmas


I just love making Christmas cards!  So, another one for PPA 320 this week.  Another thing I love is embossing folders.  So many ways to use them.  I have used my brayer on the folder then embossed, used my brayer after embossing and put the design from the folder on without running it through the Big Shot.  But this time, I just sponged on a little Crumb Cake ink for my look, it brings out the design so nicely.

Otherwise, it is a pretty simple but elegant card.  A bit of Emerald Envy ribbon, a few ferns in Emerald Envy and gold foil and the Bells in gold foil.   I think the red ribbon die adds just the right touch.

Here is the sketch for this week, how did I do?

As always any image below will link you to my store.

5 comments:

Dawn Tidd said...

You did wonderfully, Lynn! The inked and embossed background is striking and I love the bell with the pine springs, it's a great embellishment! Thanks for joining us this week!

horizonview said...

Stunning effect on the background! Love it. I usually do the photo Christmas card so haven't handmade them, but you are getting me excited about Christmas! (Just a little ...) Keep up the great work and thank you for your ideas and inspiration :)

PJ said...

You did a very nice job with your card. I too love embossing folders. They are a great way to add texture. victoryfirst.blogspot.com

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful card, Lynn! I love the embossed background. The evergreen sprays and golden bells are the perfect focal point. LOVE! LOVE! LOVE!

Susan Itell said...

Hi Lynn...You did a fabulous take on this sketch! I often forget about sponging and I thank you for reminding me! Love this stamp set...but LOVE your take! SUPER-de DUPER!